Skip to main content

School for Sinners


Vermont Countryside
Photo © 2007 Kelly Grace
Psalm 25:4-10

Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
    teach me your paths.
 Lead me in your truth and teach me,
    for you are the God of my salvation;
    for you I wait all the day long.
 Remember your mercy, O Lord, and your steadfast love,
    for they have been from of old.
 Remember not the sins of my youth or my transgressions;
    according to your steadfast love remember me,
    for the sake of your goodness, O Lord!
Good and upright is the Lord;
    therefore he instructs sinners in the way.
 He leads the humble in what is right,
    and teaches the humble his way.
 All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness,
    for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.

School is always in session for the Christian.  Paul said so.
 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.  Philippians 1:6

God Himself is the teacher.
He designed the course and wants to personally help you to master the content.


Lesson #1
Do you want more answers to prayer?
Then ask God to do the things you already know He wants to do in your life.
He wants to help you know His ways.
He wants to teach you how to stay on His chosen paths.
It all begins with being schooled in His truth.

I didn't think David had much to regret about his youth, but he still asks God to remember to be merciful and loving and to please forget the sins of his youth.
For me personally I'd add, oh yeah, while you're at it, forget the sins of all the days since my youth too!
Hallelujah, in Jesus our sins are forgiven and forgotten.
He remembers them no more.
Now if I could just do the same.
Did you ever have an awesome teacher?                                                                                   

  • The kind that has a comprehensive grasp of all the course content and a burning passion to impart it to others?  
  • Possessing superb communication skills and a genuine care for His students. 
  • Willing to take all the time you required to master the lesson.
What better teacher of the Christian Life Course than God Himself?

Lesson #2
What kind of student gets the most out of class?
The one who is teachable.
The one who knows that the teacher knows more than she does.
Meek=marked by modesty, not arrogant or prideful.  Also showing patience, humility, and compliance.

Lesson #3
You'll be tested on all the material.
Every Quiz is a Pop-Quiz.  You won't know it's coming until it's on your desk.
Every test is OPEN BOOK.  You just have to keep the text close at hand.
You can repeat each lesson as often as you like.  Or need.
Your teacher is always available for one on one tutorials.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30,000 PROMISES

There are said to be thirty thousand promises made  to the child of God, but they are of no more value  to  us than statements in the newspaper if we  do  not  personally appropriate them. J. Oswald Sanders, Spiritual Maturity PROMISE #1 I came across this sentence about two weeks ago and it has resurfaced in my thoughts again and again.  Yesterday I calculated that if I found 4.5 promises every single day I could find all 30,000 if I lived to be 80 years old.   How many promises support our lives every single day?  I don't know the number, but wouldn't be surprised if it were in the hundreds. Promises that reveal God's: PERSON PLAN PRESENCE POWER PROVISION PURPOSES PROTECTION PATIENCE There are literally thousands of promises that reveal His NATURE, LOVE, GRACE, MERCY, and FORGIVENESS. We, His children by faith, are supported and graced by the promises God has given us. Every day I want to find as many promises as possible. 

You Know You're in Africa When. . .

You know you're in Africa when color is everywhere  and small children are carried in a sling on Mom's  back.  This cloth, used all over Africa,  is the original "hands free" device .    You know you're in Africa when the mother and baby goat are part of the checked luggage that rides on top of the bus.  Gary says he has never seen them held in with ropes , it may be a new traffic regulation.      You know you're in Africa when the local Record store is called Beautiful Jesus Music.  You know you're in Africa when the oncoming traffic has horns and knows how to use them.   You know you're in Africa when the goats eat the park bench. You know you're in Africa when  the ants make a hill taller than your car. And finally, you know you're in Africa when the clouds look like they've been created in Photo Shop. But they weren't:)

What God Can Do with Our Life Messes

High School Memories He has  made everything beautiful in its time.     Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot  find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.    Ecclesiastes 3:11 I happened to see this photo this morning on a friend's Facebook timeline.   That's me on the far right cheering on the JV football team. I made a mess of my life early on. Looking back at that photo and others from a yearbook I see so many missed opportunities. But, looking at my life now I see what God has done with the mess I made. I see how He was present in guiding and directing my path to Him. His light shining down into my darkness illuminating the way. The girl next to me once invited me to a youth camp.   Two days before the camp my cousins arrived for a visit and my Mom said I couldn't go. Would I have met God then and changed the course of my life? Well, we don't know the answers to questions like that, but I d